Expression idiomatique en anglais: name is mud
Name is mud
- It means that the person is extremely unpopular.
- It is a trigger for saying that someone has done a deed which has made him infamous in his circle and where people are angry with the said person.
- If you keep hanging out with the local goons then soon your name will be mud too.
- The two sisters, Emily and Ruth's names are mud because of their constant gossiping.
- To go to a party with such people and at such an hour can put a Young girl's name in mud.
- A child should endeavour to make his parents proud and not put their names in mud.
President Abraham Lincoln of the United States of America was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. When he was trying to escape after committing the murder he injured and broke his leg. Dr. Samuel Mudd provided medical help to Booth at that time. He has since been thought of as a co-conspirator in the murder of President Lincoln. He was not convicted because the evidence against him was ambiguous and not concrete. Till date there is a debate amongst the historians if Dr. Mudd was innoncent and the phrase "his name is Mudd" has been coined. This has currently changed to mud instead of Mudd.
Ne perdez pas vos heures DIF Bonne nouvelle en ce début d'année, vous disposez d’un…
Seul organisme de formation ayant 4 certifications qualité, BTL a longtemps été reconnu exceptionnel par…
BIEN CHOISIR SON PARTENAIRE DE FORMATION EN LANGUESLes 10 règles d'or