Expression idiomatique en anglais: Unring the bell
Unring the bell
- Once Something has been done you cannot run away from it, you can only face the aftermath.
- Ramifications have to be withstood whenever something is done.
- We cannot take back something once said or done.
- Remember Tom, you cannot unring the bell once you have sent out that mail.
- Once he was done screaming at his old parents for all the pain they had caused him, he realized that there is no unringing the bell now.
- It often happens to me that I say some really awful things to my mother even though I love her and I realize that there is no unringing the bell now.
- If only we could unring the bell, this world would be a better place to live in.
- You can only learn from the mistakes that you make and not repeat them again because unringing the bell is not an option.
The earliest use of the idiom unring the bell was in the Oregon Supreme Court case of State v.Rader, argued on May 9, 1912, decided on May 28, 1912. This idiom is sometimes used in jury trials to describe the judge’s instrutions to the jury to ignore inadmissible evidence and statements they come across in trials.
Consultez notre rubrique « ressources pédagogiques » pour vous entraîner sans stresser en anglais, espagnol, FLE, portugais, etc. grâce à une multitude de sites internet soigneusement sélectionnés pour leur qualité et fiabilité.
BTL est fier d'annoncer que nous sommes certifiés Qualiopi pour les actions de formation depuis…
Comme vous le savez, nous vivons un moment unique. Pendant cette période de confinement, il est…