Expression idiomatique en anglais: Drastic times call for drastic measures
Drastic times call for drastic measures
- Extreme circumstances can only be resolved by equally extreme actions
- In difficult situations, it is necessary to take drastic actions
- When you are extremely desperate, you need to take equally extreme actions
- Undesirable circumstances have to be countered by drastic actions
- The company has posted losses for the third consecutive year, the board decided to replace all of its top management. After all, drastic times call for drastic measures.
- After suffering heavily in yet another stealth Attack, the military decided to go for a full blown war. Drastic times call for drastic measures !
- After the third flood in as many months, the local government decided to evacuate the area and resettle the inhabitants elsewhere. Drastic times call for drastic measures.
- When the prolonged recession forced him to shut down his business, Dev decided to sell groceries to make ends meet. Drastic times call for drastic measures.
This expression is actually derived from the saying of the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, that appear in his Aphorisms:
"For extreme diseases, extreme methods of cure, as to restriction, are most suitable."
"Desperate diseases must have desperate remedies."
Consultez notre rubrique "ressources pédagogiques" pour vous entraîner sans stresser en anglais, espagnol, FLE, portugais, etc. grâce à une multitude de sites internet soigneusement sélectionnés pour leur qualité et fiabilité.
Ne perdez pas vos heures DIF Bonne nouvelle en ce début d'année, vous disposez d’un…
Seul organisme de formation ayant 4 certifications qualité, BTL a longtemps été reconnu exceptionnel par…
BIEN CHOISIR SON PARTENAIRE DE FORMATION EN LANGUESLes 10 règles d'or